Friday, November 2, 2012

Toddler Birthday Party

I threw a small birthday party for Kensie and her friends for her second birthday.  I wanted to keep it low key so we swam, ate pizza, and had cake.  I burnt the cake I made for Kensie so the morning of her birthday party I ended up having to go buy one anyway.  Even though I tried to keep everything very simple, it was still more work than I anticipated.  The thing that took me the most time was the goodie bags....which I forgot to hand out at the end!
I don't know how all these moms go 'pinterest style' on their kid's birthday parties with themes, decor, games, food, cupcakes, and everything matchy matchy!  That would send me into a nervous breakdown.  Next year, I think we'll stick to a family party or invite one or two friends:)

3 comments:

Sue said...

I see you got the Tickle Monster book. My boys LOVE that book!

steph said...

Kensie's party was wonderful! No need to go all Pinterest style. I like Darci's style: swimming, food, friends ... We love partying with you.

Beth said...

I can't do the Pinterest style either-stresses me out. The kids are just so excited to have a party they don't usually care about all the other stuff anyway. Looks like they had a lot of fun!!