Sunday, May 8, 2011

7 Months

Photobucket
Kensie turned seven months almost a month ago but I am finally getting around to posting. A lot has changed in the past month but here is the recap of month seven...

It was a rough month for Kensie because she was sick for about three weeks. First she got a cold and then she got a fever and cough. The cold and cough dragged on forever but she is finally better. Some nights around here she was waking up several times not feeling well.Photobucket

Photobucket
Her naps have improved so much from last month. She isn't waking up 45 minutes into her naps as often. Usually she will nap for at least an hour. Sometimes two hours if I'm lucky. She goes to bed between 7:15-7:30p.m. and wakes up between 5:45-6:15 a.m. I wish she wouldn't wake up so early but I will take what I can get. She still wakes up sometimes at night but will usually go back to sleep on her own (this took some serious sleep training). Speaking of sleep training. I swear we have been having to do it over and over for the last three months.

Here's what else is going on with Kensie...
still no teeth
She can finally roll in all directions
She can almost sit up all by herself
Sticks her long tongue out all the time
has tried oatmeal, rice cereal, mixed cereal, carrots, green beans, peas, squash and sweet potatoes
She hates wearing socks or shoes and kicks vigorously whenever I try putting them on her
She loves it when we sing to her
Photobucket
Photobucket
Kensie has become a curious, wiggle worm. She is so anxious to see, hear, touch, taste, and experience everything around her. Her attention span doesn't last very long until she wants a new toy, change of environment, etc. I'm getting nervous for when she starts crawling and walking because I think Kensie is going to be a little burst of energy:)

She is our 'singing', shouting, sociable, smiling, wiggly, and curious little girl.

3 comments:

Annie. said...

What a sweetheart. I can't believe she sleeps straight through the night at 7 months...that's amazing. Yay for you!

Can't wait to see you guys...I really hope it works out in June!

Jason + Sarah said...

She's so adorable! And growing up so fast!

*Becky* said...

She is so stinkin cute! I want to cuddle her up again!