Wednesday, August 3, 2011

4th of July

We dressed in our patriotic gear and headed to the Blanding parade. It was quite impressive for a small-town parade. I guess I was mostly impressed by the amount of candy thrown out. You better believe I was one of those adults getting candy!<span class=
Kensie with Grandma Schurig
<span class=
Watching the parade with cousins.
<span class=
Then we went to the Blanding city park for the 3 on 3 basketball tournament. Niel, his brother Jens, and his brother-in-laws formed an awesome team. They won three out of the five games playing in the blazing hot sun. Kensie and I only got to see the first game and had to leave because she was hot, sweaty, and exhausted.

After a nap and dinner at A&W we went back to the park for live music and fireworks. It was a pretty awesome firework show.
<span class=

<span class=

<span class=
Gross picture of me but isn't it too cute Kensie fell asleep during the concert and stayed asleep during the firework show in my arms? I was eating it up because she hardly ever falls asleep in my arms.

1 comment:

Annie. said...

Oooooh lucky mama. :)

That is NOT a gross pic of you!