Tuesday, August 30, 2011

11 Months

Photobucket
Kensie learned so many new things this month! Her biggest milestone was finally learning to crawl!

Here are some other things she does now...

She learned how to get into sitting position from laying down
She can pull herself up to standing position by hanging onto something
She 'cruises' along furniture and walls
Uses sign language for 'all done' when she is done eating
Likes to share her food with us. Niel is really nice and eats it from her sticky little fingers. I usually just pretend to eat it.
She understands 'no' but usually doesn't obey.
Dogs and puppies are her favorite!
She is very outgoing and doesn't have a problem with strangers unless mom and dad aren't around.
She usually cries when I take her to the gym daycare.
She is very determined, independent, and can be impatient.
LOVES her stuffed animals. She gives them big hugs and says, "Ahhh Ahhh."
She gives lots of hugs to mom and dad. We can't get enough of them.

I started taking her on a morning walk every morning when it's only 80 degrees instead of 105
Sometimes I take her to the park after our walk and put her in the swing, which she loves.

She has been fighting her second nap of the day. Sometimes she won't go down at all. Sometimes it takes her an hour to fall asleep. And when she does finally go to sleep it isn't without a fight. She throws her wubbanub out of the crib and cries until I come get it. Or she throws her puppy out of the crib. Sometimes she lays on her back and bangs the crib slats with her feet making a loud noise. Most the time she stands up next to her crib and jabbers really loud as if to say, "Mom! I do not want to take a nap!!!" If she doesn't get her second nap though she is overly tired and cranky by bedtime. I'm trying to decide if I should just transition to one long nap in the afternoon. Has anyone else ran into this problem at 11 months?
Photobucket

Photobucket
She has so much personality for an 11 month old. I have people tell me that all the time. Can you tell by all of her different facial expressions from this one photo shoot?!Photobucket
Getting tired of pictures...Photobucket
Alright mom, I'm seriously done with pictures!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Adam and Brittany said...

Crew is down to one nap at 12:00. however, it is only for 1-2 hours. Not very "long" in my book. He was cranky for the first couple of days during transition but now he is great. I like one nap better than two. I get more done during the day. Good luck.

And BTW the baby gate I got is a "First years" convertible gate. I can screw it into the wall or just suction it to the wall.

Elder Lynn Child said...

We can't wait to see you all in person! Love you!