Sunday, October 30, 2011

A Week in Quincy

A re-cap of what we did in Washington...

Kensie loved spending time with Grandma and Grandpa and gave them lots of hugs and kisses. She got really excited when Grandpa came home from work. I think it's safe to say she stole a little bit of his heart while we were there.
Photobucket
On Tuesday we got together with my high school friends. I usually get to see one or two of them when I go home but we hadn't all been together since the summer after our high school graduation. We went to the Birds' lake house at Billy Clap Lake just like old times! We sunbathed, jet skied, and went boating.

Kensie had her first experience jet-skiing. Maybe if she didn't have to wear the life vest she would have enjoyed it more.
Photobucket
My mom went jet-skiing for her first time and even drove!
Kim Bird made us a delicious meal afterwards.

Wednesday my mom and I headed to Spokane for a dentist appointment at my brother's practice. We had lunch with Dr. Brent Child followed by some shopping.

We didn't quite get our fill of shopping while in Spokane so my mom and I headed to Wenatchee on Thursday and shopped until we dropped for Kensie. Shopping for little girls is the best!

Friday we had a relaxing day at home besides a quick trip to Walmart.

Saturday we went to Quincy Farmer Consumer Awareness Day! I hadn't been in years. It was so fun to take Kensie to the parade and introduce her to my friends. We had lunch at the Rotary luncheon and then looked around at the craft booths. Afterwards we went to see Camille's new house. Then Grandma watched Kensie while I went with Camille swimming at her condo in Crescent Bar.

Sunday we went to church with my parents and then headed to Tri-Cities. We had dinner at Lori's before flying home.

The flight home was a complete nightmare. Short summary: Evening flight. Delayed an hour and a half. Kensie teething. Inconsolably screaming baby. Tiny plane. Mom starts crying. Flight attendant and passenger intervene. After it seemed nothing would console Kensie, the flight attendant gave her some ice for her gums. Shortly after she fell asleep for the rest of the flight. I don't know how long she cried for but it felt like an eternity. Thankfully I had sweet ladies sitting next to me who were very understanding and helpful.

Not to end on a bad note with the plane ride though... Besides the plane ride home, our vacation was so fun! I loved having our girl time:)

2 comments:

Annie. said...

That photo of Kensie in the life vest is AWESOME.

Oh, you poor thing! The flight home sounded miserable. Don't the people around you make all the difference though? I hope I am "that" person to other people whenever I can be.

Paige said...

Ugh, we've all been there. My aunt always tells me to remember I'll never see those people again :) Sounds like the rest of your trip was fun though!