Sunday, January 27, 2013

Fall

Summer was very busy with my swimsuit business and summer trips.  When fall arrived everything seemed to drastically slow down.  It was a good thing though because I wasn't feeling very good during the first trimester.  It was also very strange not to have much going on.  I almost didn't know what to do with myself.  September and the beginning of October are my least favorite time of the year living in Las Vegas.  By that time, I'm so sick of the heat and swimming.  All of the fall scents, decor, and clothes start emerging in the stores and all I want to do is wear my pants, boots, and scarves (and burn fall scented candles in the house without it feeling wrong!).  

I guess it's not all bad though.  One lazy day in the middle of October Kensie and I had a picnic at the park next to our house.  It was a beautiful sunny day.  Probably about 70 degrees.  

 It was nice to have some laid back days like these in the fall after such a busy summer.  It's good for me to slow down a bit and enjoy the sweet little girl I have.  Look at her crossing her feet and laying on her tummy while eating her sandwich.  Later, while at the park she peeked through the tunnel at me and said, "Peek a Boo!"  She does the cutest things and it's days like this that I want to freeze time.  

3 comments:

Elder Lynn Child said...

Ahhh, the lazy days of summer must give way to the shorter, cooler times of fall and winter. This looks like so much fun...it is good you have it recorded for memories. Picnics are a great way to get close to loved ones!

Elder Lynn Child said...

I love the picture of Kensie eating her sandwich and peaking out of the tunnel! You must have some fond memories of that day!

Elder Ernest Elliott said...

She is so darling! Those beautiful blue eyes!