Sunday, July 14, 2013

Two Months

He weighed 12 pounds at his two month appointment.  I love his chubby cheeks, arms, and legs!
He started cooing and smiling.  It's adorable.  He gives the biggest smiles to his mommy and sometimes raises one eyebrow when he does it.  The dimple on his right cheek is especially adorable when he smiles.

He is a total momma's boy.

On a good night he will wake up once.  But lately he has been waking up 2-3 times at night.  The longest sleeping stretch he has ever done is about five hours.  Maybe six hours once?

He still gets fussy around 6 or 7 p.m. but it's not as bad as it used to be.  We are putting him to bed earlier around 8 or 8:30 p.m. and it has helped a lot with nighttime fussiness.  I then feed him around 10:00 p.m. before I go to bed.  Some mornings he is wide awake at 6:00 a.m. and other mornings I have to wake him up at 8:00 or 8:30 a.m.

He will get fussy and tired after about an hour of wake time during the day.  I then swaddle and put him in his crib or swing for a nap.  He will take his first, second, and sometimes third nap in the crib and fusses for about 2-10 minutes before falling asleep.  Sometimes he will fall asleep without even fussing.  It's the late afternoon/early evening cat nap that I almost always put him in the swing (while we are eating or I'm cooking dinner).  At night he usually needs to be held or put in the swing before he falls asleep.

He doesn't like tummy time.

Still doesn't like the pacifier.  He will only take it sometimes if I hold it in his mouth.

He LOVES taking baths and likes getting his diaper changed.

I moved him into his own room after his two month appointment.  He had been sleeping in our room next to the bed in his rock n' play sleeper up until then.  I'm trying to get him down to one feeding every night between 3:30-5:30 a.m.

Tate is a sweet, sweet baby.  He has me completely wrapped around his finger.  He is pretty laid back during the day and does an eat/wake/sleep cycle every 2.5-3 hours.  I love that he doesn't have to be held all day long and doesn't require me to rock him to sleep every time.  He will even lay on the play mat and be content!  He seems about ten times easier than Kensie was as a baby (no offense Kensie!).

1 comment:

Elder Lynn Child said...

What will you ever do with all the EXTRA time you are saving now that he is "ten time easier than Kensie"?? I really like this blog! I can tell you are really in love with this little guy, as we are also! No offense Kensie, we love you just as much!! And, Darci, you are a great Mother! Love you all!