Sunday, June 8, 2014

Tate: 13 Months

18 lbs 11 oz.
10th percentile for weight and height

He is close to walking.  He took a few steps this week but is still very cautious.
He loves balls.  He wants anything round and calls it a 'ba'.
He really likes his bottle and doesn't want anything to do with milk in a sippy cup.  And he wants me to still hold him while he drinks his bottle, which I am perfectly ok with.
Thinks toothbrushes are the best thing next to balls or anything round.
Started climbing.  On just about everything.
He learned how to climb under the safety gate at the top of the stairs and goes up and down the stairs on his own now.
Discovered the toilet.
And the toilet paper.
Has 5 teeth.  Two on bottom and three on top.
He has grown attached to his monkey stuffed animal.  I find him sleeping with it tucked under his arm.
New Words:  "uh-uh" for uh-oh and "uh-un" when he doesn't want to do something.
Grocery shopping or shopping of any sort with him is almost impossible.  I have to come prepared with something for him to eat or play with.  Otherwise he is constantly standing up and trying to get out of the cart.

Since Tate turned one he has become much more vocal, strong-willed, and demanding.  He does this awful loud scream/screach when he doesn't get what he wants or needs something.  He gets really frustrated because he knows what he wants but can't communicate it to us.  I've tried teaching him sign language in the last 3-6 months but he has no desire to sign for me.  He started pointing recently which helps.

Tate is busy.  And he isn't even walking yet!  I'm nervous for when he starts walking because I know he will only get busier.  I'm trying to savor these last few weeks of crawling because he still feels like my baby.  I'm not ready for him to be a toddler yet!

1 comment:

Elder Lynn Child said...

I can't wait to see this little guy in our home again and hold him tight! I guess we'll have to "child-proof" everything, now that he can walk! We love little Tate!