Sunday, October 5, 2014

16 Months

Words:
Ma-Ma
I- Stuh (It's stuck)
Duh (Duck)
Ba (Ball)
Moe (More)
Bah (Bye)

He still loves playing with balls and is showing more interest in planes and especially cars.

He wants to play with whatever his big sister, Kensie is playing with.  He enjoys antagonizing her by trying to play with the toys she is playing with.  He especially likes taking her favorite stuffed animal, Lady and sitting on her ottoman chair in her room.

Eating is one of his favorite things to do.  I swear he is always hungry and he definitely eats more than his sister.  He will eat just about anything I give him, which is awesome.  Some of his favorites are bananas, avocado, grapes, strawberries, blueberries, and cheese.  Oh and of course any type of chocolate or candy.

He loves Kensie and tries to wrestle her and give her hugs.

Tate is still a momma's boy but not quite as clingy as he used to be.  He walks up to me when I'm cooking or doing the dishes, puts his arms around my legs, and gives me a hug.  Sometimes mid- playing he will stop what he is doing, walk over to me, lay his head on my leg or chest and then go back to what he is doing.  Other times he will walk up to me and lean his head into mine until our forwards meet.  My ultimate favorite are his sweet open-mouth kisses.  He doesn't give them very often but when he does, it's so sweet.

I usually put him to bed at 8 p.m. and get him out of the crib at 8 a.m.  He usually takes one nap now after lunch about 1 p.m.  He could go down as early as 10:30 or 11 a.m. but I keep him up because it works better with our schedule.  He tends to get cranky in the mid morning because he hasn't adjusted fully to one nap.

He has become more attached to his monkey and dog pacifier.  He is also attached to his monkey and elephant stuffed animal.  When he wants his monkey he says "oo oo ah ah."

He has started to test limits, be mischievous, and make his voice heard.  Church is difficult because he is so busy and loud.  Looking forward to starting nursery soon!

Tater is our sweetheart.  He has such a funny and cute personality, we love him.

No comments: