Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A little worried...

There were six layoffs at work today. There have been quite a few employees who have been laid off in the last year. I feel very grateful that I still have a job. With that said I am a little worried about my job security now. They haven't made any cuts in my department yet but I am worried we might be next. I am the newest employee in my department.

My hours were cut today along with most other employees. I now work 72 hours in a pay period instead of 80. So pretty much that raise I just got is definitely cancelled out. Still grateful I have a job though...

2 comments:

Annie. said...

I'm sorry, Darci. :( I would think with the pay raises you have received and how much praise you have gotten in your job, you wouldn't be the one to go. Don't worry!

KB said...

Dang, crazy times right now. Good thing you're a keeper!! One of the hospitals I really wanted to work for and applied to went bankrupt and I'm so glad I work for a diff, more stable one. Even though you're the newest, if they do target your dept maybe they'll go for the peps that should been given the goodbye long ago! Hope you had fun last night!