Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A White Christmas

Well I have been a little behind on blogging. The last couple of weeks leading up to Christmas were filled with work, church callings, Christmas parties, and preparing for the holidays.

On Tuesday the 23rd I took a half day off of work and we drove to Utah for Christmas. It was such a great feeling to know that I wouldn't have to work for almost a week! We arrived late Tuesday night and got to visit with Niel's sister Sonya before she took off to Hawaii.

Christmas eve I did some last minute shopping with Amy Gifford. Then Niel and our brother-in-law Aaron and I hit the slopes! It was so great to be snowboarding again after two years. Christmas Eve we had home-made soup that Aaron made. Later we sang Christmas songs while Aaron played the piano. We topped Christmas eve off with some dance dance revolution:)

Christmas day we opened presents, ate food, and went to see "Marley and Me". I thought it was pretty cute and funny.
Friday I hit some day after Christmas sales. Then we went snowboarding again. There was so much powder! They got 7" of snow that morning. It was FREEZING though. That night we went to Costa Vida for dinner with Brittany and Adam. It was so good to see them! The sweet pork burrito tasted amazing. We really miss Costa vida here in CA. Then we went to dessert with our friends Jim and Amy at Applebees. We have great friends. I really miss them all...
My adorable nephews: Dylan, McKay, Austin, and Isaac
Saturday we met up with my sister Jennifer, and brother Brannen and their families at Thanksgiving point for lunch. That evening we went to Salt Lake City to my Grandma Davis' house for dinner and to spend the night. My parents flew in that night. We spent the evening with my parents, Grandma, brother Paul, brother Brannen, and their families. Lindsay, Paul, and cute little Ben My sister-in-law Tiffany with son Isaac
My dad and Dylan
On Sunday after church I went to dinner at my Aunt Sharon's house. (Niel spent the afternoon with his mom). I was able to see my cousin Shaun who got back from his mission in November. That night my parents and I met up with Niel's family at temple square to see the lights.
On Monday we had lunch with Niel's family at Zupas and then drove home. The trip went by SO fast. Before I knew it I was back at work today. blah.

It was a great trip. Utah got tons of snow while we were there! It was fun to be in a winter wonderland for Christmas (California was about 65 degrees and sunny today). We ate lots of good food, reminisced of our experiences at BYU, and most importantly got to spend time with family and friends.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Hey Darci,
Thanks for sharing! We wished we could've been there with everyone. Looks like you all had a great Christmas.

Annie. said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time! We are still so sad that we missed you guys both ways - coming AND going. The timing stunk on that. When are you coming to Utah again? We're still talking about a California vacation...still...