Sunday, April 18, 2010

Confessions of a Pregnant Woman

17 Weeks


It seemed my belly grew exponentially this week...I look 20 weeks pregnant all of the sudden instead of 17. ugh.
  • Basically I am hungry all the time
  • I haven't felt like blogging AT ALL the last couple of months
  • Ok, so the truth is I haven't felt like doing much of anything the last couple of months
  • I can't stand the term 'prego'
  • I've always had a keen sense of smell...but now I have a sniffer like a hound dog...which means...
  • I no longer use perfume, scented lotion, scented hand soaps, or wallflowers.
  • When Niel gets home from work I can't stand how he smells...ya know, the hospital/clinic/rubber glove/sterilization smell
  • I can count on my bathroom break being between 3:30 a.m.-5a.m. every morning
  • I think maternity pants are the ugliest things
  • We've hardly discussed names
  • I've always wanted a boy first, but I will be equally excited if we find out it is a girl
Tomorrow I will be seventeen weeks. I can honestly say that so far my pregnancy has been really good. Before I got pregnant, I prepared myself mentally for the worst because I figured I would get really sick. Compared to what I thought it would be it has been a breeze! I have mostly been really tired but the last two weeks I have had more energy. I would take that any day instead of being sick. I hope the rest of my pregnancy goes this well!

We find out a week from tomorrow if the baby will be a boy or a girl!!! Niel thinks we are having a girl and I think we're having a boy. What do you think? If you haven't voted yet, VOTE!

16 comments:

Elder Lynn Child said...

You look sooo cute as an expectant mom to be!! We are also excited that you will find out whether its a girl or boy soon! We love you and hope you continue to feel good. Love, Dad & Mom

Annie. said...

You are the cutest! I can't wait to know what it is. I need to call you! So glad to find out you are feeling pretty good through the pregnancy. Seriously, you look AWESOME at 20 weeks. My face was already ridiculously swollen at that point!

A few more things:

1. I couldn't stand "prego" either...but after 10 months for some reason it really grew on me.

2. Maternity pants ARE the ugliest things. Why can't anyone make cute ones!? That aren't 100 stinkin' dollars?? (Since you only wear them a couple of months anyways!)

3. I hope you have a boy because it's so fun. But! if you have a girl I can shop for cute girl things for her, and get my fix. :)

3. Ugh...smells. In my office, we got pumpkin bagels every Tuesday for the faculty, and I thought I was going to RETCH smelling them. I had to pick them up from Einstein Bagels in the morning, and I can't believe I never actually threw up smelling them on the way to work. Then when people would toast them in the back room...YECH! You become a blood hound when you're pregnant!

Jason and Karyn McGary said...

Congratulations! This is Karyn Hull; I just found your blog, and saw you are expecting! So exciting! I'm glad your pregnancy has been going well! By the way, the maternity pants from motherhood aren't too bad, in case you have not looked there yet.

Abby said...

Yay a pregnancy update! You are adorable and tiny--definitely one of those people who looks the same but with a cute baby bump...I hope I'm that lucky when the time comes for me:)

I also hate the term prego (and preggers, for that matter).

Abby said...

Yay a pregnancy update! You are adorable and tiny--definitely one of those people who looks the same but with a cute baby bump...I hope I'm that lucky when the time comes for me:)

I also hate the term prego (and preggers, for that matter).

Whit said...

You are so cute I can't handle it!

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

Ugh! Sounds like you're getting off easy. :) But you're looking so cute, we'll forgive it!

I'm so bad at guessing... I say girl?

Anonymous said...

BOY!! :) Congrats!

Anonymous said...

I hope we have a little girl that looks just like Darci:)

Lindsey Cortes said...

You totally look cute pregnant! I hate the term preggo too. I think its started by non pregnant people to make us feel stupid. I have found my best maternity pants at JC Penny outlet. The best ones are the ones without a waist band that goes up to your chest. I think you are having a girl because they are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fun to shop for! I love it.

Veronica Peterson said...

Yay no morning sickness!!! I think it's a boy!!!

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

Look at your cute belly! I love it. I totally can't wait to find out what you're having.

Beth said...

Hey Darci,
You look so cute! Glad to hear things are going pretty good for you so far. Hope the rest is even better :)
Brent and I have often thought you will have all the girl granddaughters that are missing in the mix..we'll be excited to hear what you're having!
(I also hate the term Prego- I never use it either)

Mollie said...

I also hate the term prego. Isn't that a SPAGHETTI SAUCE?? Yeah, it is. You're adorable, I love the baby bump.

Smiley said...

Darci, You look adorable pregnant! I voted for a boy because if you follow the "rules" for the Child family, that's what it will be. Of course, I will be equally excited if you don't follow the rules and it is a girl :) Can't wait to find out. Will you call me when you know?
Lori

Anonymous said...

I totally just saw a version of u in one year! It was sooo u I'll have to call u it was too cute!

Maria