Tuesday, April 27, 2010

We're having a...

GIRL!!!

We are SO excited but I can hardly believe it! I thought for sure we were having a boy. I am still in shock. I said to the ultrasound tech., "What?! A girl?! Are you SURE?!" Niel wasn't surprised at all since he thought we were having girl all along (he had a dream before we got pregnant that it was a girl). His response, "I told you so."

A week before we found out, I found a girl name I really liked and started day dreaming about how fun it would be to have a little girl. Then I was reminded that I should prepare myself mentally for having a boy because our chances of having a girl were slim for a couple of reasons: 1. My five older siblings all had boys first 2. I have thirteen nephews and only two nieces. 3. My mom would get really sick when she was pregnant with her girls so I figured it was a boy since I haven't been sick 4. I always thought I would have a boy first for some reason... Well I was wrong and Niel was right! I am completely ok with being wrong though:)

Here is her profile, little pot belly, and tiny legs curled up
Little foot!
This ultrasound was such an awesome experience. It was amazing to watch our little girl move around. The ultrasound tech zoomed in on her feet, hands, and profile. At one point she was drinking and we could see her little mouth opening and closing! She arched her back and turned away from us while we were doing the ultrasound. I got a little emotional as we watched her because it was as if she already had her own little personality. This ultrasound made things seem so real!

Let the planning and spending begin! I can't wait to meet our little girl!!!

12 comments:

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

How AWESOME, Darc! You'll love having a girl first. :) She can be your little helper when you have more babies.

What a great profile pic you got. I love the pot belly.

Yay!!

Cassie said...

Congrats guys! We loved having a baby girl first! So happy for you guys!

Camille said...

Darci! I am sooo EXCITED! I couldn't believe it when I got your message this morning. I was at the condo when you called! I have got to put a reminder on my voice mail for people to try me down here! I am really happy for you guys and I can't wait to see you!

Camille

Lindsey Cortes said...

So fun!!!! I love girls the shopping for them is the best!

Michelle said...

Such great news!!! Little girls are SO sweet!!

Adam and Brittany said...

I thought you were going to have a girl. Now we somehow need your little girl and our little boy to meet. Wouldn't that be cute :-) Congrats. I bet your mom is so happy to have a girl with all those boys in the mix.

Missy said...

Wow! That's so awesome! I bet you're mom is so excited to have another grand-daughter. yea for girls!

Child Family said...

Hey darc. It's your sis in law, linds. I can't stop thinking about how you're having a girl. I'm going to the store today to start making your baby shower gift. I can plan a shower for you up here in salt lake if you want. Maybe tiff and I could do it and have it at her house.....or at mine...just limited space here ya know. let me know if you want to do that or if someone else is doing a shower for you. yeah for girls!!! Love ya

Veronica Peterson said...

I was thinking it was going to be a boy too maybe because your not feeling sick. Congrats..its a lot of fun shopping for dresses:)

Chelsea said...

congrats... super exciting!

Monica said...

Yay!!! Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys. And Crew is excited to have a little girlfriend!! We should definitely plan something this summer! We should come to Vegas and see you guys. We miss you!!

Elder Lynn Child said...

Late, but better than never! Your mother and I read your blog very exitedly right after you published it, but in all the exitement, forgot to express our exitement in a comment. Anyway we are very exited to have another special little spirit come to our family...expecially, this time, in the form of a cute little grandaughter! We can't wait for your special little bundle of joy to come! This is an exciting year, as Tiffany and you both bring these special little ones into the world! We love you! Dad & Mom Child