Thursday, December 9, 2010

"Koala-ty" Award

One Friday afternoon we were getting ready to do the usual furniture shopping trip (see post below). Niel was assigned the duty of getting Kensie in the car seat. When I sat down next to her in the backseat I beheld the cutest thing. First of all she had this little koala bear stuffed animal I had never seen before perched on her lap. But even cuter, she had her hand rested on it like it was her little buddy! She kept her hand on the koala the whole car ride!
I asked Niel where the bear came from. He responded briefly, "Work." I had to prod him a little bit more to find out why he got a stuffed animal from work. He told me he won the "Koala-ty" award. I chuckled. It wasn't until later that I found out why he received the award. Apparently a patient wrote a letter to the orthopaedic group praising Niel. He didn't seem to stoked about the stuffed animal but at least Kensie liked it:)

2 comments:

Annie. said...

Haha! That is a hilarious award for an office to be giving out to mostly male people I would think :) But then again maybe I don't know much about his work!

That pic of Kensie is so cute. Don't you just love it when they do things like that to make you smile?

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

Adorable that she has a buddy and adorable that he got the award. :)