Sunday, April 10, 2011

My New Ride

This is my new ride I've been driving around town the last couple of months. Our GMC Acadia replaced the Honda. It took longer than we anticipated to finally get a new car because we got it used from an auction. We saved a lot of money but we had to be patient. Which meant I went without a car for most days for about three months or so after Kensie was born. Talk about cabin fever to the max. No car, stuck at home with a newborn.

Anyways, we wanted something with more leg room and cargo space. We also preferred something with a third row but that wasn't a huge SUV or minivan. We narrowed our search down to the Toyota 4Runner, Lincoln MKX, and the Acadia. My favorite things about the Acadia are the bucket seats, the third row, and the body style. Having the extra cargo space is great and it's so much easier getting Kensie in and out of the car.

I hadn't ever driven anything bigger than a small sedan so I had to adjust to driving this car. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. But I'll be honest, I still struggle backing this thing up and parking in tight spaces.
Photobucket
So I guess it's pretty official now. My car screams mom. Hopefully people think 'Hot Mom.'

6 comments:

heidi678 said...

I would LOVE a car like that! Right now though I'll settle for anything...we've had one car for 2 years now and leaves me stuck home pretty much 100% of the time so I feel your cabin fever pains. Enjoy the new ride!

Abby said...

Hot momma for sure!:) I love new cars.

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

Wow baby that's a big car! :) But yeah, you gotta have one with a baby I guess. It's better than a minivan!

Adam and Brittany said...

That is so funny because Adam and I were just talking about the Acadia and how we wanted to add it to our list of cars we are looking into buying.

I bet you look so cute in it with your little peanut Kensie.

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

Hot momma! :)

Elder Ernest Elliott said...

Your blog is so fun! And I'm thinking definitely "hot mom". So glad you finally got what you wanted and you love it.