Thursday, February 17, 2011

Farewell to the Honda

We sold the Honda.

It has literally been on it's last leg for three or four years. While Niel was in P.A. school we continuously crossed our fingers it would last until he finished school. Remember this post? Somehow it survived another two years after that.

The day after we brought Kensie home from the hospital it broke down on us (nothing new)...but for good this time. It wasn't worth the money to fix it. Talk about a bad time for it to break down on us! Buying a new car wasn't even an option considering we just had a baby and were buying a home.
The Honda in it's last days with the Schurig Family

Anyways, it's mostly been sitting in our garage the last couple of months except for quick trips. We finally bought a new car a few weeks ago so we posted the Honda on Craigslist. Niel was kind enough to put my phone number on the Craigslist ad. Consequently my phone was blowing up with text messages and phone calls for 48 hours (which was way too long).

Do you want to know what type of people are in the market for a beat up '94 Honda Civic with 235,000 miles that hardly runs? Trust me, it was interesting/funny/creepy responding to phone calls and texts messages regarding the Honda. Just to give you an idea...these are two text messages I actually received:

"U steel hav da honda"

"You have a honda for sale plas zsend me you address and look today...DARKSIDE..."

We had a good laugh with the first text. The second one just creeped me out.

We've had lots of good memories with the Honda. Niel drove the Civic when we first met at BYU. And it went on every college road trip including the trip to New York when Niel hit a cow while driving. Not gonna lie...I'm enjoying our new, reliable, air conditioned car. But it's bittersweet saying goodbye to the 'junker car'.

Farewell to the Honda. You've done us well.

4 comments:

Annie. said...

I LOVE this post! Haha, seriously what a good laugh on those texts!

Even on KSL for things like Boppys, I have gotten the WEIRDEST people texting/calling me, and at the strangest hours of the night!

Abby said...

"You steel hav da honda," Cracked. Me. Up. That's so funny! And I can relate to this post because we're about to sell Matt's little Civic--I wonder if we'll get anything as strange.

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

I've been lucky on Craigslist and not gotten any creepy people buying my things. But what a weird thing to text you!

Adam and Brittany said...

Adam and I are in the market for a new car too. I am interested to know what you got and if you guy would recommend it.

We did the "one car thing" for almost a month and it was no fun. Now we have fixed our car and are ready to sell it so we can get a new one. We want to sell the same car Adam had when we were dating too.