Thursday, June 23, 2011

9 Months

16.5 lbs. 10th percentile
26 1/2 inches. 10-25th percentile
Photobucket
She got her first tooth at 8 1/2 months.
She learned how to clap & wave
Shows no interest in crawling but loves to stand and 'walk' with help of mom or dad.
She went through a phase when she preferred Niel over me...
But I'm the favorite again
She is an excellent eater and will eat just about anything
She went through a shy stage when she would turn her head or bury it on my shoulder when a 'stranger' talked to her.
She is very wiggly, rarely sits still, and doesn't like to be cuddled.
Prefers to be put in her crib rather than being held to fall asleep.
Still does an ear-piercing scream when she is excited or getting anxious/annoyed.
She gets hot and sweaty very easily.

I stopped nursing her shortly after her eight month mark. She didn't seem to mind at all. She loves holding her own bottle and feeding herself. Sometimes she won't even let me help her hold it.

We had a rough week when she started waking up several times a night again. Luckilly, we are over that. We figured out that her room has to be really cool with the fans on, otherwise she wakes up hot and can't sleep. She goes to bed at 7:30 a.m. and wakes up between 5:45 a.m. and 6:45 a.m.
Photobucket
She is so smiley, talkative, and animated. She only gets cuter and cuter.

3 comments:

Elder Lynn Child said...

I can see her 2 new teeth! These are cute posts, Darci!

Paige said...

What a cutie!! I think its time for her to visit her favorite boyfriends in LA :)

Annie. said...

She is such a sweetie.! I am SO glad we got to see her and you guys. It was so fun, even if it was really short. Next time I hope we're not so crazy because I really want to hold her! If she'll let me. :)