Saturday, June 25, 2011

Cannon Ball

I did my first cannon ball of the season on Saturday. I thought it should be documented.

I haven't put my head under the water much because it hasn't seemed warm enough. And also (mostly) because I don't want to mess up my makeup or get my hair wet. But it is HOT in Vegas now and all I want to do is jump in the pool to cool off. The last couple of weeks it hit the triple digits for the first time. Welcome to summer.
Photobucket
Yes, I plug my nose approximately 90% of the time when jumping in the pool. I hate getting water up my nose. Don't you just love my rat-tail pony tail? How would you rate my form on a scale of 1-10? I'm thinking it's about a 6. I'm hoping to be at a 10 by the end of summer.

7 comments:

KB said...

luv n miss u :) u look great!

Elder Lynn Child said...

The toes curled under are a "10". However, the thumb extended out should be tucked! Not bad, though...keep working on it! Love you!

Anonymous said...

I'd give it a solid 7. Can't go any higher than that with your nose plugged.

Adam and Brittany said...

This is a funny post. You make me laugh. I would rate it a 6 too. Tuck those knees in and you'll be at a 10.

We really need to come visit you guys. Your pool looks like a blast and I can't wait to see what you have done with your home. Maybe this summer? Wouldn't that be fun?

Annie. said...

Cute new suit! :) Did it hold up during the cannon ball?

Jason + Sarah said...

Oh my gosh I plug my nose too! Who even does that? Oh we do!

Deven and Kellie said...

Darc you crack me up! Before I saw that you wrote something about plugging your nose I saw the picture first and was going to comment on the nose plugged! My whole life I have known you and that picture just makes me laugh because that has always been you! Always plugging your nose before jumping in. Somehow even when you are about to crash on the wakeboard or tube you plug your nose!!!