Sunday, June 26, 2011

Washington

Kensie and I had our first 'Girls Trip' to Washington for a week to visit my parents and family. The two hour plane ride was exhausting with my squirmy, short-attention spanned, baby who wouldn't nap on the plane. But I came prepared with a fully loaded diaper bag of toys to entertain. I was so worried she would start crying and everyone would want to kick us off the plane. Luckily, she never cried! The only person who wanted to kick us off the plane was probably the girl sitting next to us who Kensie pestered by repeatedly trying to grab her earphones, book, drink, etc. Overall it went a lot better than I thought it might go.

When we arrived at my parents' house, I was surprised that Kensie acted really shy and clingy to me. I guess it's because we were in a new environment with new people. After a day or two she warmed up to my parents and really enjoyed being there.
Photobucket
It was my dad's birthday while we were there. My Brother Brent, Sister Lori, and their families came to Quincy to celebrate. We had a BBQ, opened presents, and ate Birthday Pie.
Photobucket
Then my Dad gave everyone rides on his new combine.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Kensie loved playing with all of her cousins. She got so much attention, especially from Tiffany and Allison. I fully enjoyed having little babysitters around to give me a break. More Washington posts to come!

3 comments:

Annie. said...

Eli would be in HEAVEN getting to ride a combine! I am jealous for him, haha.

Alison said...

hey it was so fun to see you today at brittany's!! small world! anyways i looked up your blog from britts. i have a private blog i will invite you to, just email me your address.

awlacey@gmail.com

Lori said...

I have some photos from Dad's Birthday to share with you. (Don't let me forget). It was such a fun day! I loved spending time with you and Kensie :)