Thursday, September 1, 2011

Newport Beach

Last year on our California trip I was nine months pregnant and looked like I swallowed a watermelon. I remember watching a couple next to us walk their baby girl in the sand and introduce her to the ocean. I couldn't wait to do the same with our baby.

Niel had some time off work so we took an anticipated family vacation to California. We took Kensie to the beach for the first time! She wasn't too impressed.

This is how she felt about the sand... and this is how she felt about the cold ocean water...
Photobucket
BUT, she did really enjoy sitting on our towel, playing with her toys, and climbing around on our backs. In fact she acted like climbing on our backs was the funnest thing. Maybe next year she will like playing in the sand and ocean more.
Photobucket
(Take note that her favorite puppy came along to the beach.)
Photobucket
On our way into California we stopped and had lunch at Lonestar with my old co-workers from Downs Energy. It was so fun to see them! We stayed in Irvine with Niel's cousin Kristin on Thursday night.

Friday we spent the day at Newport Beach. We bought a bike trailer to hook behind our bikes and rode for miles. I decided riding bikes along the beach is one of my favorite things to do. I forgot how much I loved doing that! Kensie even fell asleep in the bike trailer. Poor thing was slumped over in the seat passed out.
Photobucket
After riding our bikes for a couple of hours we got corn dogs and fries from the pier. (Have I mentioned how much I love corn dogs?!) I do. Nothing like corn dogs on the beach.
Photobucket
We spent the rest of the afternoon on the beach and then rode our bikes back to the car. Fashion Island Mall was calling my name so we stopped there on our way back to Kristin's.

2 comments:

Annie. said...

How fun! She's such a sweetie. Eli didn't like the beach until just this summer when we took that trip and stopped by your place. Even then, he still didn't like the water because the waves scared him. I think Kensie's normal in that regards. :)

..... said...

Oh my goodness... she is so grown! And sooo cute! Can't believe how fast she grew! I know everyone says that but it's true!
It's ashlee bunker! You guys look like your doing great! I just got a blog and just found yours! bunkerfam.blogspot.com