Sunday, May 6, 2012

Girls Trip

I went on a Girl's trip a few weeks ago with some ladies from my church.  We stayed in Newport for two nights and three days without any children or husbands and had a blast!  Our first day in CA we got pedicures, ate at PF Changs, and shopped.
We stayed up late and slept in until 10 a.m.  I didn't know I had the ability to do that still.  Hadn't done that since college.

Ate more good food.  Shopped at the swap meet.  Went to see the movie 'Mirror Mirror'.  More shopping at the Costa Meza Plaza.
More eating...
We may or may not have gone dancing at Sutra in Newport Beach...
And stayed up way too late again.  Went to the beach finally.  The first two days in California were rainy and windy.
Relaxing on the beach=one of my most favorite things to do.  Please note that there is nothing better to eat on the beach than a corn dog from Jane's Corn dogs.

Aaaaand last but not least we made friends with a minivan full of german men headed to Vegas on our way home.  Don't worry, they didn't stand a chance with us hot, married women.

Then we returned to our exhausted husbands who watched our kids all weekend while we had a getaway.  I had a blast but it was so good to see Niel and Kensie.  

5 comments:

Elder Lynn Child said...

I think if you ever do this again, you best take some husband chaperones with.

Lori Bowers said...

hahaha Dad's comment is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a blast!! So fun! Yay for girls' weekends!

Adam and Brittany said...

I know that corn dog stand so well. A favorite. I like the combo of a corn dog a cheese dog and a lemonade. So fun!

Deven and Kellie said...

Ahh Darc that looks like that was a way fun trip! Pretty jealous! Very impressed Niel watched Kensie all weekend long!