Sunday, June 16, 2013

Bringing Tate Home

My wonderful mom came to help for two weeks when Tate was born.  I absolutely loved having her here the entire two weeks.  She cooked, cleaned, changed diapers, did laundry, went grocery shopping, played with Kensie, made freezer meals, and even helped me with my business.  I can't imagine doing those first two weeks without her.  

The first 24 hours after Tate and I came home from the hospital were especially overwhelming.  Within an hour of being home from the hospital, I was already working in the casita helping Cara with the swimsuit business and getting online orders packed.  I wasn't able to get her trained on everything before the baby came.  I felt so overwhelmed returning home from the hospital as the realization hit home that I had two kids to care for and a business to run.  I spent a lot of time on my business the first week after Tate was born since I didn't get everything done before he came. 



My Dad was able to meet Tate when he was about two weeks old.  
Tate had his days and nights mixed up the first week.  He would sleep almost all day (despite our attempts to keep him up!) and then be awake at night.  He wouldn't stay asleep in his crib so I put him in the bouncer.  Even then, he would wake up every half hour or hour sometimes!  Luckily, I was able to take a nap almost every day.  Week two he started sleeping for 2-3 hour stretches at night.  Sometimes he would be wide awake in between feedings though.  By week three, he almost always slept for 2-3 hours at night and only occasionally be wide awake after a feeding.

Those first couple of weeks he mostly slept all day and would fall asleep anywhere. Sometimes he would get fussy at night but other than that he was pretty laid back.  He is a sweet little guy.

1 comment:

Elder Lynn Child said...

I'm glad you are Tate's Mom! He is such a sweet little guy, I can't even imagine him causing any stress at all! You are an exceptional mother to him, to help him through his tough little times of learning and growth...hang in there! I remember when you were teeny, just like him. I love you!