Sunday, February 22, 2009

Cooler than Ice-Cool

This upcoming weekend is going to be a good one. Ya wanna know why? I am getting together with a couple of my super-cool roommates from BYU. I thought this would be a good chance to talk about them. We were a pretty big deal...people knew us. Paige and I dressed up for the Halloween dance party at UVSC.

This is Paige Nielson (now Cordon). Paige has a way of spicing up conversations with her witty comments and sense of humor. She also taught me grammar (or at least tried). Paige was one of the first people I met at BYU. She lived in the dorm right across the hall from me. Let me tell you, we had some good times. One thing we shared in common was that we were both very boy crazy. Freshman boys? Yeah right, we were going for the older men. Somehow we managed to be at almost every dance party on the weekend even though neither of us had a car. We ate at the canyon center together almost every meal. We enjoyed lots of "studying parties" at the library that were really quests for meeting guys. Sophomore year we roomed together at Liberty Square. The summer after freshman year was one of the most fun summers of my life. We worked part-time at the mall and spent the rest of our hours lounging at the liberty square pool.

Here we are all grown-up (kinda) on my wedding day. Now both married women.

Then there was Karyna Smith (now Bousloug). We met at "Club Style" which was a hip-hop dance class/club. We hit it off as we prepared for and danced in the Provo parade. Then we took our friendship to new limits when we attended the "Llamapaloosa" party together. We could bust out the dance moves. One thing about Karyna, you will never be as tan as she is. Even if she sits indoors for a month while you are outside.
Karyna has a fun and easy-going personality. She was always up for a good time and having some spontaneous fun. One of my favorite memories with her is when we road tripped to Vegas together. We wanted to visit Niel and Marshall in Vegas but neither of us had cars. We decided to post an add on the ride board in the Wilkinson center. Can you believe that we car-pooled with some girl we had never met to Vegas? It was definitely worth it though, because we had a blast. Karyna and I at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas.

Can't wait to see these gals!

3 comments:

Annie. said...

Sounds like FUN! I miss my freshman girlies.

Paige said...

Wow I am totally blushing... But if you wouldn't mind, don't credit me for your grammar... lol j/k
Can you imagine what kind of havoc we could have reeked if we stayed single more than a year? lol
I totally remember meeting Karyna at Llamapaloosa. Good times! I'm pumped to see you guys! I'll call you thurs to coordinate airport pickup :)

KB said...

I'm excited tooooo! (my goodness that is not a flattering picture of us!) -love you =D