Sunday, February 22, 2009

I Heart Weekends

Ever since my hours changed from 8:30-5:30 to 8-5 my commute has been horrible. Lately it has taken me 40-50 minutes to get home each night. Sometimes it even takes me an hour. Most of my commute is sitting in stop-and-go traffic going about 5 miles per hour. It drives me crazy. On Friday night it was so bad that I resorted to listening to the country station because I have every song that plays on KISSFM memorized. My car's CD player doesn't work and I don't have an ipod adaptor so I am stuck listening to the radio or wallowing in silence. SO by the time I finally get home from work I am grumpy from sitting in traffic. Trust me, it is getting old. I really don't know how much longer I can do the whole commute thing. I don't know how people do it their whole lives. I will never take a job or let Niel take a job that has a commute longer than 20 minutes. Anyways, by Friday night I was ready to have a fun and relaxing weekend...which was exactly what we did.

Friday night we watched X-Men. Niel had to explain everything to me about it.

Saturday morning we went to Mimi's Cafe for Breakfast. Delicious.
Then we went for a long bike ride. We found a bike trail that goes all the way from our house to along Newport Beach. Don't worry though, we didn't go all the way to the beach. We only biked several miles. After our bike ride we washed both of our cars and vacuumed them out. Actually, Niel washes the cars while I turn the dials and yell out how much time he has left(we go to the self-serve car wash). This time he spent 75 more cents on his Lexus. He spends alot more time on his Lexus than he does on my Civic so I threaten him by saying I won't put any more quarters in the machine.

Then we went to play tennis for the first time since we moved here. We played all the time when we lived in Utah. Yes, I busted out the tennis skirt and Yes, my arm is really sore today.

Then we went to our favorite dessert place called "Ohanas". It is self-serve frozen yogurt. The best thing about it is that you can sample all of their flavors yourself. You don't have to ask a wenchy employee to get the sample for you. Then you pick whatever toppings you want from cookie dough to fresh fruit and mix them in yourself. You get charged by how much it weighs and not how many different toppings you get. It is AMAZING. When we got home we watched X-Men II.

2 comments:

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

You crack me up! I loved the comment about "the wenchy employee" haha.

I'm glad you had a good weekend - that stinks about your commute. That would drive me crazy too. I hated driving from salt lake to provo every day.

You guys are going to have such a fun girls weekend this weekend. I really wish I could be there!!

Annie. said...

Darci, you're a crack up. This Ohanas place sounds awesome. Every ice cream place should be like that. And the car-vacuuming story! Haha! I do the same thing when it is time to vacuum our cars...Talon actually vacuums while I just sit in the car and try to look busy.