Sunday, February 8, 2009

At a glance...

Lots of things have been going on the last two weeks but unfortunately I have been forgetting to take pictures. After debating whether or not to do a boring picture-less post, I decided to go ahead with it. Here are some things we have been doing:

-Valentine gift bags for the children with cancer at Loma Linda University. This was an activity we did at church with the young men and young women.

-Attended two bridal showers. Both of which I participated in "making a wedding dress with toilet paper" game (and lost both times). The first bridal shower was for my co-worker Courtney. The other bridal shower was for Nikki.

-Invited Eric, Lindsey, and Kailey Cortez over for dinner and a round of Phase 10.

-Had a youth planning meeting at the church. This included dinner, singing, church broadcast, and HUMAN FOOSBALL.

-Gave the lesson in young women's (and stressed about it).

-My second girls camp meeting...here we go again...year #2 as assistant Girls Camp director!

-Niel finished his surgery rotation. He got perfect reviews from all of his preceptors and several of them offered to give him letters of recommendation. What a stud.

-Went to two discussions with the missionaries for Joanna (a girl who wants to become a member of our church). This has been a really neat experience to share this with her.

-Soaked up some American Idol, The Bachelor, and of course The Office in all of its awesomeness (the last three episodes have been exceptional).

-Taught the girls at church how to make enchiladas, salad, and cake. Then we ate it all.

-Niel and I went to a couples Valentines Party that Sean and Lindsey Barney hosted. We ate dinner, played some really fun games, and got to know 7 other couples.

In the last couple of weeks I have spent more time than usual with the girls in the church. I love getting to know them better on an individual basis. They really inspire me with their sincere faith in Christ and love for the gospel. They are a great example to me and sometimes I think I was called to be their leader so that they can inspire me.

3 comments:

Annie. said...

Wow, lots of really fun and exciting things going on for you guys! What a wonderful, amazing thing that you are able to take part in the missionary discussions for Joanna. I'll bet that is a wonderful experience. I am happy for you.

We had enchiladas for dinner tonight too! :)

I hope that someday I can be a part of the Young Womens. What a great experience! I'll bet they just love you.

Paige said...

gosh, it feels like you JUST did girls camp! i guess it does happen annually....
we also love enchiladas. in case you're looking for a new twist, we do ours with green sauce and white corn tortillas. they are so succulent

Adam and Brittany said...

Adam and I are leaving on Saturday Feb 21st from LA. Our Cruise leaves at like 4:00 so we probably won't have time to visit you while we are there. It would have been so much fun if you could have come. It is just the Alders and us going on the Mexican Riviera. Hope to see you soon--maybe over the summer.