Sunday, February 15, 2009

Me and my Valentine

On Thursday, one of my co-workers asked me if Niel and I liked motor-cross. He had two free tickets to the show in San Diego. My first thought was, "Motor cross on Valentines? How un-romantic". Since we had zero plans for Valentines, we decided to go for it.

But before we left, Niel came home with these beautiful flowers. He even helped pick out the flowers and colors to go in the arrangement.

I think Niel did a great job picking out the flowers. I love gerber daisies and the bright colored flowers he picked. I also like the heart dangly things thrown into the bouquet.But that's not all...he bought me a box of See's chocolates, and the lip glosses I wanted from Victoria's Secret. Niel said, "I didn't know which flavor to get, so I got you five different flavors". Now I have a large supply of lip gloss.

I bought Niel the movie "X-Men" and a bunch of candy. I was a little embaressed that he out-did me on the gifts thing. BUT, I was the only one who abided by the budget.

We journeyed to San Diego Saturday afternoon and hit up Costco for pizza, hot dogs, and a very berry sundae for our Valentines dinner. Super cross was at the Qualcomm Stadium where the Chargers play. They opened the show with fireworks, flaming fire, and loud music. It was quite entertaining. Those motorcycle dudes are like jumping beans. We couldn't believe how high they could jump.
We stayed the night at a very nice Marriott hotel that Niel insisted we stay in, "because it was Valentines"(I am the cheap one). This morning we got breakfast at burger king, walked around the beach in San Diego, and then drove home.

What I thought was going to be a boring Valentines, turned into a really fun and unique Valentines day. Thanks Niel!

3 comments:

Veronica Peterson said...

The flowers are beautiful.

Camille said...

Bryan's gonna be so jealous when I tell him Niel got to go to motocross for V-day. :)

Annie. said...

That's awesome! I think it would unconventionally fun to go see motocross on V-day. Just because it was different! Glad you guys had a good time. Hats off to Neil for the flowers!