Sunday, September 12, 2010

You know you're nine months pregnant when...

  • The cold produce isle is now your favorite section of the grocery store
  • Your husband is replaced by the body pillow
  • Bathroom breaks have increased to three times a night
  • You feel like a beached whale when trying to roll over in bed
  • Everyone stares at your belly wherever you go
  • Strangers constantly ask you if the baby is coming any day
  • You haven't taken off your wedding ring for over a month...because it's impossible
  • Pedicures have never felt better in your life
  • You keep the thermostat at 72 degrees at night and still get too hot with a blanket
  • Even maternity clothes are fitting snug
  • You feel like a small hippo
  • You instinctively locate the bathroom as your first order of business when shopping
  • When you drop something on the floor you have to consider whether or not it is worth it to bend over and pick it up.
37 Weeks
38 Weeks
This week's doctor appointment didn't have the best of news. Baby's head is down but off to the side a little bit and not fully engaged. My doctor won't induce me on Thursday unless that changes by Wednesday. Instead, she got all crazy on me and scheduled a C-Section for Thursday in case the baby hasn't settled into place. That was an emotional day. After going home and thinking things over I decided I won't have it. I'm putting my foot down and will refuse the scheduled C-Section for Thursday if she won't induce me. So...there is a chance baby might not be coming this week...but we are hoping that she cooperates so that I'll have her on Thursday...

Because let's be honest...do you really think my belly can get any bigger? I think not.

8 comments:

Annie. said...

Oh no! I am so sorry! You GO GIRL! You tell that doctor! My biggest pet peeve of ALL time is how doctors are scheduling C-sections out the WAZOO these days! Hello, a woman's body was MADE to push a baby out!

Here's praying baby girl settles herself in the right position!

Chris and Shani said...

Just let the baby take its course. I don't understand why your doctor would rush you into a csection when your not even past due yet. I hope that all goes well and she'll be where she needs to be. And if in the end you need surgery, so be it; sometimes tiny bodies aren't big enough to get the baby out :) You are getting to the best part so soon!!! Can't wait to see her!

lannie_rae said...

Good job standing up for yourself! My babies never engage until I am half way through labor. Here are some moves that I do to help get them closer to center. The cat cowl? move in yoga. On your hands and knees and you raise and lower your tailbone. Side lunges. Put one foot on something higher like the seat of a chair and then squat. Switch legs and squat again. The last one I'll suggest is pelvic tilts. This helps get the baby to come up a bit from the pelvic area and reposition and go back down.

I hope everything turns out well. Healthy Mama healthy Baby.

Congrats I am so excited for you she is going to be beautiful!!!

Oh and you are welcome for the unsolicited advice :)

Missy said...

Oh...I remember that stage all too well. You look cute though!
I'm sure the baby will come when she's ready you're still a little early, and I hate to tell you that most people with their first are late. It'll all be just fine. :)

KB said...

Darc hun I feel for you! Hang in there. Praying for the good news over here. Keep us posted! And give me a call if u feel up to chatting.

Jenna said...

Gah! I'm so proud to see more women standing up to c-section happy doctors. 42 weeks is officially the time to stress about ending a pregnancy, not 40! And I didn't even go to med school to learn that!

Ok, I need to not get worked up on your blog. :) Yay for you, letting labor being on it's own is so healthy for you and baby. You're going to be a great mom :)

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

I'm glad that you're standing up for yourself - but be careful about going too much longer! Oh boy it's gonna be a big baby! :) Yay!

LisaSaunders said...

LOL, I LOVE this post. I can totally relate to, "You know you're 9 months prego when". So funny and so true! You look beautiful! :0)