Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Craziness.

Our life has been crazy the last couple of weeks. As if bringing home a newborn isn't a big enough life changing event, in addition we closed on our home and moved in with a two week old baby! I've been meeting appliance installation dudes, scheduling carpet cleaners, getting a U-haul, finding a maid service, scheduling tile cleaners, packing, getting pest control, signing loan docs, haggling with homeowners insurance, unpacking, changing addresses, switching utilities, etc.

We have had some other interesting events occur including our car breaking down right after Kensie was born. This meant I drove Niel to and from work with a three-day old baby. Niel has been working really long hours and his surgery schedule has been insane. We've had a broken disposal, no internet, no washer, and a leaky dishwasher.

But, believe it or not we are still sane (somewhat) and things are starting to slow down a bit. Even though it has been very stressful and crazy to say the least, we are so happy to be in our home with our beautiful baby. Now...lots of backlogged posts to come with pictures of Miss Kensie:)

7 comments:

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

Oh boy! What a crazy time you guys have had. Now that it's settling down, we are definitely expecting some pictures of the little one. :)

Adam and Brittany said...

Oh good...more pictures of Kenzie soon. I can't wait. She is such a doll. You are right--Holidays with a baby is something I can't wait for. I also want to see pictures of your house soon.

Annie. said...

Oh my GOSH...you mentioned it was crazy on the phone this morning, but you only SKIMMED the top of the iceberg! You poor thing! No wonder why you had a hard first few weeks and sounded kind of tired! I can't even imagine, I would definitely be in the middle of a mental breakdown if I were doing all that AND trying to figure out how to be a mom. I am impressed!

Can't wait to see you guys! And the house! We're so excited for you and all your new exciting things!

KB said...

Oh my gosh Darc! I can't believe you're alive and well. I was overwhelmed just reading about it!

KB said...

Oh my gosh Darc! I can't believe you're alive and well. I was overwhelmed just reading about it!

Amy said...

Darci you never cease to amaze me! It's interesting, anytime we've made a huge step in our lives things get a little crazy too. Both of our cars had major repairs right after we moved into our home last year- and our savings at the time had just been completely depleted. Amazingly enough, everything all works out-- thankfully!! You're amazing- keep hanging in there!!

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

That is too funny. It sounds so much like my current situation has been, just a few weeks prior to having the baby (minus the car breaking down). I definitely think that would be WAY harder JUST having a baby. You are a saint.

Don't you just love having to do EVERYTHING (all the calls, quotes, etc.) because the husbands are working? boo.