Sunday, October 10, 2010

Grandma Saves the Day

The first several days after having a baby you're running on adrenaline. You are so excited and overcome with emotion to have this new precious person in your life. And then it hits you. The fact that you've had close to no sleep during the last three days. This combination of no sleep, crazy hormones, narcotics, and a sore body can turn one into a crazy person. Just in the knick of time my wonderful mother showed up to save the day (and my husband). My mom cooked, cleaned, did laundry, held Kensie, tended to my errands, offered emotional support, and most importantly taught me some things about being a new mom. Her trip was cut short when my poor mother got sick but it was great to have her while she was here. I honestly don't know how I could have done it without her, especially since Niel had to go back to work.
Kensie loved her Grandma from the first time they met. I can't wait for her to come back in November!

3 comments:

Elder Lynn Child said...

What a cute baby and Grandma! This is one special picture! Good job, Darci & Niel!! Kensie looks like she is really aware of what is going on and even "posing" for the camera...good female attribute!

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

Wow, that's great that she was able to help out! I'm dreading the possible situation of not being near in-laws or my mom when we have a baby. They're built in babysitters!

Missy said...

Amen to that post! I seriously couldn't have survived without my mom's help!