Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentines 2011

Saturday night we got a babysitter and went to dinner at Mon Ami Gabi, one of our new favorite restaurants at the Paris on the strip. We wanted to avoid the crowds on Valentines day. We both got their classic steak. It was dang good.Photobucket
On Valentines Day, Niel surprised me with one of my favorite breakfasts: Scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast.

Later that afternoon the doorbell rang while Kensie was napping. I was mad that the delivery guy rang the doorbell until I saw these beauties sitting on the doorstep:) Then I was over it.
We usually either go out for dinner on Valentines or Niel cooks. This year I pulled through with a delicious, romantic, candlelight dinner for two at the new Schurig residence. I made honey BBQ chicken, pear & apple salad, and mashed potatoes. This may be your everyday meal but that is some savvy cooking for me.

But the next part is my favorite part of the evening...

Niel's card.

It was one of the sweetest cards he has ever given me. I won't lie; I cried like a schoolgirl when I read it (I have been sick though, so I blame the emotional response on my sickness).

It was a simple Valentines Day shared in our new home, but definitely my favorite of the five Valentines we have spent together since we've been married.

1 comment:

Annie. said...

YES! That is how we've started spending V-day too. It's so much better. Although this year we broke tradition.