Monday, March 28, 2011

Six Months

Our baby turned six months on the 16th. My favorite thing she started doing is giving us 'kisses'! I LOVE it! She opens her mouth, leans in towards us, and plants them on our cheeks! It makes me smile every. single. time. I think she learned to give us 'kisses' so quickly because I kiss her cheeks a bajillion times a day. How could you not? They are so stinkin' adorable and kissable.
Photobucket
The picture below is Kensie's most genuine smile. I don't have many pictures of her genuine smile because she always gets distracted by the camera.
Photobucket
Below is the face she does a lot when she is excited/happy. Open mouth & bright eyes.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Bedtime: I love our bedtime routine; it is one of my favorite parts of the day with Kensie. I feed her, wrap her up in her blanket, give her the binkie, say prayers with her, sing 'twinkle twinkle little star', and lay her down in her crib. She is so sweet right before I put her to bed. Usually she lets me hold her real close and her whole body relaxes. She looks at me with sleepy eyes as I sing to her. Sometimes she falls asleep in my arms as she finishes up eating or while I sing to her. Usually she stays awake until I lay her down in her crib though. She hardly ever cries at bedtime and falls asleep almost instantly when I lay her in the crib. It is the cutest thing when turns onto her side to fall asleep. We have been doing this bedtime routine since she was about 3 1/2 months old. She goes to bed around 7:30 p.m.

Naps: This past month has been a rough month for naps. We are in the process of experimenting between two and three naps. She has been fighting her naps a lot. And then after an hour of trying to get her down for a nap she will wake up 20-45 minutes into it. SO frustrating. Things have improved the last week or two but still not great.

Nighttime sleep: On a good night she will sleep 7pm-5 am, wake up to eat and go back to sleep until 7 or 7:30. Not a good night=waking up twice in the night and waking up at 6am. ugh.

Other things about our little miss...
  • She puts her toes in her mouth and loves gnawing on them.
  • Actually, she loves gnawing on just about anything she can put in her mouth.
  • Sometimes she will cry/yell out in objection when you take something away from her
  • She is completely fascinated with the iPhone
  • Still has a blocked tear duct
  • Her hair has fallen out except for on the top of her head. She has an awesome old man, comb-over look.
  • She plays with her own hair sometimes. It's pretty cute.
  • Loves yanking on my hair. ouch. Sometimes she will gently run her fingers through it though.
  • Not sitting up yet. Only rolling occasionally.
  • Still just eats rice cereal and milk.
  • No teeth yet.
  • She rubs her feet together when she is frustrated
She gets tons of attention wherever we go. People love making a fuss over her...and Kensie doesn't mind one bit. She loves being with people and being the center of attention. Don't know where she gets that from:)

6 comments:

KB said...

She's a cutie!

Adam and Brittany said...

So cute Darci. I love that frilly pink skirt. Hang in there with the naps--it will get better. I finally made the switch to two naps and I think I should have switched closer to 6 months rather than waiting till seven.

Elder Lynn Child said...

THIS IS THE CUTEST BLOG YET! I ESPECIALLY LIKED THE PART ABOUT YOUR BEDTIME ROUTINE WITH KENSIE.

Annie. said...

She is such a doll. I love the photos! Such a great bedtime routine, how sweet for you to have that time with her. It is so cute that she will just relax in your arms for you.

I love the comb-over comment, so awesome. :)

The "kisses" are the best!

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

She is just so cute! What great pictures. :)

*Becky* said...

she sure is such a darling little girl! I love her cheeks too and she has the cutest clothing