Friday, July 29, 2011

Zumba

I grew up dancing but I never thought of it as my workout because it was so much fun! I hardly noticed breaking a sweat because I got caught up in the movement and beat.

Since I've become an 'adult' (hah!) I've had a hard time finding a workout I enjoy and stick with. I've tried running but hate it. The elliptical is booooring. And I'm not the best swimmer. The point is, I hadn't been able to find any type of workout that I enjoyed as much as dancing.

A month or so ago I got a membership to the YMCA gym. Babysitting was included and they had lots of classes, so I was sold. After attending Zumba a few times I was in love. I finally found my new favorite cardio workout! I would describe it as hip-hop/latin dancing non-stop for an hour. Great music, dancing, and bootie shaking. It feels like a party except you are sweating and getting a great workout. If you haven't tried it, you should.

3 comments:

Annie. said...

Oh GOSH I love Zumba so much! It's like a full hour of workout but you're really just at a dance party. Wish you lived closer, we could go together!

Paige said...

I can see you loving this!! Always the dancer :) It looks like so much fun. I have always wondered about those, so I guess I'll have to rent a dvd sometitme!
Can't wait to see you soon!

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

I've heard good things about Zumba but I don't belong to a gym so I can't do those classes. But maybe soon I can get to a gym that has them soon.