Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween

Niel and I weren't planning on dressing up for our ward trunk or treat until I abruptly decided at 4:30 p.m. that we needed to. I called about four different stores to see if they had any ladybug costumes. No luck. So I had to resort to our trusty costume drawer. I somehow managed to squeeeeeze into my cheer leading outfit from high school. It wouldn't zip all the way and I almost popped the top button off the skirt. Not to mention I was short of breath after eating dinner. But that is besides the point. The point is, I was able to squeeze into my old cheer leading outfit. And Kensie thought it was pretty amusing. She wouldn't stop staring at me.

Niel was a nerd. The nerd and the cheerleader. Photobucket
I couldn't stop laughing at Niel when he first put on his costume. The high water pants were the icing on the cake.

and Kensie was the Cutest.Ladybug.Ever.Photobucket
Photobucket
I handed out candy while Niel took Kensie trunk or treating. She didn't want to put her candy in the trick or treat bag or hand it to us. Instead she held each piece with a death grip. I took Kensie to a few homes in our neighborhood after the trunk or treat.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Halloween was so much fun this year with Kensie. I decided that Halloween is about five times more fun with a little kid. I loved dressing her up. Plus, she scored us some free candy.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I'm glad we got to see "Ladybug Shurig" in person. It was a lot of fun and I think she enjoys being in her costume. You two look like quite the pair. I'll bet it was fun.

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

Why don't you go blonde, darc? The ladybug costume is adorable!