Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Mom & Dad's Visit

My parents were in town last week visiting. I always look forward to their visit and getting to spend time with them. It is even more fun now that we have Kensie! I love showing them all the funny and cute new things she is learning and doing.
We did lots of fun things while they were here. My mom watched me at my Zumba and ballet tone class at the YMCA. We went shopping. Went to the park. Went on walks. Ate at Sonic. Went for a hike at Mt. Charleston.

About that hike... At first Kensie was really excited to be outside and strapped onto grandpa in the bjourn. She was smiling and laughing and soaking up the outdoors. Then about half way up the mountain she got hungry. No surprise mom, it was lunch time! For some reason I didn't take food. I didn't think we would be gone very long or do the whole hike. Kensie flipped a switch almost immediately and cried most the way down the mountain while I held her. Maybe next time we will remember to bring food and make it to the falls:)
After our hike we ate lunch at the lodge in Mt. Charleston.

They went to church with us.

We had a BBQ in our backyard.
Side note: A day or two after my parents arrived Kensie stopped taking good naps and not sleeping well at night. I think she thought Niel and I were going to leave because as soon as they left she started sleeping well. Little sleep translated into a very cranky Kensie.
We had dinner at Aunt Marilyn and Uncle Carl's. Grandma Davis was in town visiting so we had to get a four generation picture!
My aunts and uncle were also at dinner. They were having a sibling get together.

I loved having my parents in town and look forward to seeing them again hopefully soon.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

You are a great photographer! These are collectables. I especially liked the four generation picture and the one with us getting ready to go up the mountain. Great blog!