Friday, November 4, 2011

Pony Rides and Pumpkins

While shopping I came across the most adorable pair of leggings with a black tutu attached in Kensie's size. I instantly fell in love and knew I had to get it. I exercised self control and didn't get the pumpkin top to go with it because she had a black shirt that would match. But then I ended up going back for the pumpkin onesie that went with the leggings because what the heck. I couldn't resist.
Photobucket
Which means...Kensie had two costumes. A pumpkin and a ladybug. It's fine. Most kids have two right?

Anyways, the Saturday before Halloween we got her dressed up in her pumpkin costume. My parents were in town so we took her to the park followed by lunch at the Olive Garden.
Photobucket
After that we went to The Farm! It's hard to believe there is an animal farm about ten minutes from our house in Las Vegas but there is.

First thing we did was take her on a pony ride. We had to wait in line for about thirty minutes but Kensie patiently watched the other kids take their turn. She seemed very fascinated. I was worried she would start crying when we put the helmet on her or when she got on the pony. I was wrong. When she got on the pony she acted like she knew just what to do. She sat up straight and put her hands on the saddle horn like a big girl.
Photobucket
When the pony started walking she looked down and made this cute little smile.
Photobucket
Taking the pony ride very seriously. Concentrating. Working on her form.
Photobucket
The helmet was big on her.
Photobucket
Watching her ride the pony was seriously one of the cutest things I have ever seen her do.

Afterwards we looked at the animals and got some pictures at the pumpkin patch.
Photobucket

Photobucket
See? That tutu is too cute to pass up right? Right.
Photobucket
Then Grandpa paid for Kensie to go on a train ride.

2 comments:

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

I can't believe how well she did on the horse. What a big girl! Such cute pictures.

Lynn said...

Those are great memories of our time at THE FARM! I wonder if Kensie will remember it...I hope so. By the way, great pictures! It looks like you are almost current too.