Sunday, February 19, 2012

Girl Time

Kensie is a total daddy's girl and prefers him over me. If dad is around she usually doesn't want much to do with me. At night, she always wants her daddy to hold her and put her to sleep. Heaven forbid if I try to do it.

Last week, Niel went to San Francisco for a medical conference so Kensie and I had some girl time. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to hold and cuddle her before bed time. She also gave me lots of hugs and kisses. It was nice to feel like the important one for a few days.
Photobucket
We went to story time and played at the park. Every night except Friday we went to Subway for dinner and shared a footlong. Saturday night was a special occasion and we went to McDonalds. She had a blast playing in the play land.
Photobucket
And let's be honest...we did some shopping while dad was out of town too. Kensie got new dresses, shoes, and summer clothes!

We had lots of fun together but by Saturday afternoon I was exhausted and ready to have Niel back home.

On a side note. I love having one child right now. I frequently think about how fun it is to have one little buddy. Just the two of us. She goes everywhere with me and we do just about everything together. We can get out of the house fairly easily, go shopping, run errands, etc. I know I want more kids but it makes me sad sometimes thinking about how it won't always be just me and her. I love how much one on one time I'm able to spend with her. I look forward to having more children but for now, I'm loving how it's just me and my little girl.

3 comments:

Elder Lynn Child said...

I liked your sweet comments about "me and my little girl". She is very sweet, as is her mother.

Paige said...

I used to think of Nicholas as my buddy too, and it hasn't changed too much with two, now I just have more friends :) Honestly though, I am so glad they have each other. They always have another kid around, so when we're doing family things or they're just playing they are happy to be with their best buddy who likes what they like too.

Lori Bowers said...

I love this post about Kensie! What a sweetie :) Give her hugs from Aunt Lori!