Friday, February 10, 2012

Playgroup

I started a small playgroup for Kensie and three of her little friends. Kensie gets bored of me and she loves being around other little kids so I thought it was time to start a playgroup. And let's be honest, I wanted to have some 'me' time while she goes to her friend's house to play. We're having it every Tuesday morning for a few hours. This week I hosted. We played with toys, had snacks, sang some songs, and played outside.
Mitchell and Kensie had fun sharing their snacks with each other.
I took my eyes off Mitchell for about one minute and he'd climbed into Kensie's high chair. He is only six months older than Kensie, but he looks so much bigger and older.
It was fun watching these little munchkins run around and play together. The kids were really well behaved but I was worn out afterwards. It will totally be worth it when I have the next two Tuesday mornings all to myself though!

3 comments:

Elder Lynn Child said...

Oh, Darci, what will you do with all that extra time? These are sure cute kids!

Beth said...

They're all so cute! How fun for Kensie, and you. It's always nice when you can find a little time for just Mom. Definitely needed.

Amy Gifford :) said...

Man, what a great playgroup thing you've got going on! We have "playgroup" in our ginormous ward, so it would never work out like this! All ours is is a once a week, come do an activity with other mom's and their kids. I would LOVE for it to be like how yours is! Extra time.. ahh :) :)