Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Painting Our Kitchen Cabinets White

I remember shuddering the first time I saw the green countertops of the home we now live in. I thought it might even be a deal breaker. But we loved almost everything else about the house. I told Niel replacing the green granite was the first thing we'd do once we moved in.

That didn't happen.

After realizing how much it would cost to have it ripped out and replaced, we decided against it. Instead, we had the cabinets painted white.

I love white kitchens and thought the green would look less awful with white cabinets. It was too big of a project for me to do with a baby so we got a couple quotes and had the cabinets painted professionally.
Before
Photobucket
After. Yes, the green granite has sparkles in it. Don't be jealous.
Photobucket
I made my own DIY milk glass to put above the cabinets using this easy tutorial.
Photobucket
Then I spent about three weeks trying to decide on hardware. Have I mentioned how indecisive I am?
Photobucket
I wouldn't have chosen the green granite, but I'm ok with them now. Almost even like them:) I decided to embrace the green so I got these awesome green accent rugs for the kitchen.

Looks so much better than before. Phew. I am happy to a have a white kitchen. They are my favorite.

3 comments:

Sue said...

The counters looks great with the white cabinets. I love your kitchen.

Elder Lynn Child said...

I like the milk glass on top of the cupboards.

Beth said...

Looks pretty, Darci! At least your cabinets aren't Dublin green...like someone else I know