Thursday, February 23, 2012

17 Months

She said "Love you" (da-du) for the first time. Melted both of our hearts. A few weeks ago after we laid her in the crib we told her we loved her as usual and then walked towards the door. As we walked away she said it. I wasn't sure if I was just hearing things or not though. I turned to Niel in shock and we both had the same look on our face. We had both heard the same thing. It was the sweetest thing.

She also started saying, "hi daddy!" (eye-dadd-ee)

She likes stacking things. Mostly my baking goods. I turned around and she'd made this awesome tower without my help.
Photobucket
She hates getting her teeth brushed and makes it very difficult for me. Pursing her lips, curling her body into a ball, wiggling out of control. Probably my least favorite part of the day.

She likes stacking her blocks.
Photobucket
Her favorite part of the day is when dad comes home from work. When Niel honks the horn she gets so excited and runs for the door. She squeels and laughs and sometimes gets teary eyed when he comes home. Then she gives him kisses and holds onto him for a long time.
Photobucket
She is starting to show interest in what clothes and shoes she wears. Sometimes she will shake her head no at the shirts or pants I'll pick out for her to wear. Other times she will hand me the shirt or shoes she wants to wear.

I love it when I find her reading (jabbering) to herself. Photobucket
She started playing mommy with her baby and puppy. She gives them food, wraps them in blankets, gives them pacifiers, changes their diapers, etc. It's the cutest thing ever. She would be a great big sister.Photobucket
She is such a sweet and loving little girl who gives us so many hugs and kisses. She will walk up to me and hug my legs while I'm cooking.

She is a sweetheart but also very strong willed and has a mind of her own. As she gets older this is more apparent but thinking back she has always been that way. Even as a baby she was that way. She makes up her mind about something and will do whatever it takes to get it. We have to be pretty firm with her because if we give her an inch she'll take a mile (figuratively speaking). I wasn't sure how to discipline a 17 month old . I mean, she is still so little but at the same time she needs to know that hitting, throwing food, tantrums, etc. aren't ok. I tried putting her in time-out for one minute (in her crib). It has helped a lot surprisingly. I thought time-out was for older kids, but it works for Kensie.

We are in the halls about 70% of the time at church. Counting the days till nursery.

She loves to do 'Ring around the Rosie'

She goes up the stairs and down the slide at the park all by herself now.

Kensie keeps getting better at independent play and eating the same thing we are eating. Still doesn't like her veggies though.

If she wants something she comes up to me, grabs my hand, pulls me to where she wants to go, and then points to what she wants to eat/do.

The other night when we took off her clothes to put on her pajamas she ran from us (not unusual). Then she wanted to wear my necklaces. She was walking all over the house and acting so funny. I took some pictures that capture Kensie's fun personality.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Elder Lynn Child said...

Look out! This little girl is smart...like her mommy & daddy. You'll have to be on your toes to keep ahead of her!