Sunday, March 18, 2012

18 Months

Kensie is a year and a half! Niel and I both agreed today that she is cuter than she has ever been. Yes, she drives me crazy at times with her tantrums and her strong will. But, she is far more funny, cute, and loving than she's ever been.

Weight:  20.2 lbs (5th percentile)
Height:  30 1/4 inches (10-25th percentile)
Head:  46 1/2' (50th percentile)

Photobucket
We've had pretty much the same routine for the last several months since Kensie switched to one nap. At first, it was a hard transition but now I like the one nap routine a lot because every day is the same. It's so much more predictable with one nap and easier to schedule the day. It's also nice to get out of the house more.


I've been wanting to do a post for awhile of our daily schedule. So here it is...a day in our life:

She's been waking up a little after 7 a.m. lately. I let her hang out in her crib for 15-60 minutes and play with her stuffed animals. Around 7:30 or 8 a.m. we have breakfast.

After breakfast we go upstairs and Kensie plays with her stuffed animals, baby, stroller, and books while I get in the shower. Once I start doing my hair and makeup she wants to get on the bathroom counter. Then she plays with my makeup bag and in the sink while I finish getting ready.

Next I get Kensie dressed, brush her teeth, and comb her hair into a pony tail sticking straight up on top of her head. If it's a special day she gets two pig tails:)
Photobucket
After we're finally both ready for the day (it seems to take forever sometimes!), we either run errands, or do things around the house. Tuesday mornings she has playgroup, Wednesday morning is park day, and Thursday morning is story time at the library.

Everyday around 10 a.m. she gets really cranky and needs a snack. Then she is happy again:)

We have lunch around noon and then she goes down for a nap. (Hooray!)

I usually work on my business, blog, read, clean, or coupon during nap time. I wish I napped more often during her nap time but I've always had a hard time shutting off my brain and settling down for mid-day naps. She usually naps an hour and a half to two hours. Sometimes it's almost three and I love my life. When she wakes up, I usually let her hang out in her crib for 15-30 minutes. Sometimes longer if she is just playing with her stuffed animals.

After her nap we get her a snack.

Then if it's nice outside we usually go to the park. If not we'll read books, play with toys, or run errands.

Around 4 or 5 p.m. I start cooking dinner. This is my least favorite part of the day for several reasons. 1) I don't like cooking 2)I'm not very good at cooking and 3) Kensie gets really cranky and hungry and just wants to be held while watching me cook. She also doesn't want snack food. She wants real food. Usually by the time I have dinner ready I'm about ready to pull my hair out.

Niel gets home between 5 and 6:30. 5 p.m. is very rare. 5:30 and 6 is pretty standard. 7 p.m or later is a long day and doesn't happen too often luckily. We are always SO happy when dad comes home.

We have dinner and then Kensie plays with her dad. They usually play hide and seek, wrestle around on the couch, read books, and play with toys while watching ESPN (of course). Sometimes one of us goes to the gym.

Since the time change we've been putting her to bed at 8p.m. instead of 7:30p.m. Around 7 or 7:30 we get her ready for bed. Right before bedtime we turn off all the lights, have family prayer, and sing her about three songs while holding her. Then we put her in the crib and tell her goodnight.

And that's a day! A few more things about Kensie...

Have we mentioned she loves sweets just like her mom and dad? Oh boy.
Photobucket
  • She cuddles her puppy every night at bedtime
  • Words she says consistently: Dad, hot, up, out, there, all done, thank you, bye bye, outside, eyes
  • She's getting better at feeding herself with a spoon. Things get messy though.
  • She folds her arms during the prayer now.
  • She's been a momma's girl lately. Lots of separation anxiety.
We all got really sick this past month and have spent a lot of time cooped up in the house trying to get better. I am so happy we are finally better and back to our normal routine!

1 comment:

Elder Lynn Child said...

This is really a sweet blog. She is so grown up at 1 1/2 years. We love the picture of her in her green outfit.