Sunday, March 4, 2012

MAGIC

A few weeks ago I attended MAGIC for the first time! I went mainly to see Modbe's swimsuits in person before ordering for my modest swimwear company, Pink Desert LLC.

Initially, I felt like a fish out of water. It was held in the Las Vegas convention center (which is huge!) and I had no idea where to go. I finally found the registration area, got my ID badge, grabbed a directory, and went in search of DownEast and ModBe's booth.
On my search for the booth I kept getting distracted. Hundreds of booths with everything from earrings, scarfs, purses, shoes, fur coats, evening wear, swim, etc. I was like a kid in a candy store. In heaven.
Photobucket
Photobucket
After about twenty minutes of wandering, I decided to check out the swim department. I was pleasantly surprised to see Hapari swimwear there. I'm always looking for new swim lines to carry and I've entertained the idea of carrying their suits in the past. I was really impressed with their suits and thought they looked better in person than online. The best thing about their line is the support their swimsuits offer for bigger chested women. Exactly what I've been looking for and something my company has been lacking in the last two years. After spending about an hour at the Hapari booth I headed over to ModBe. I met my sales rep in person finally, checked out the suits, and headed on my way.
Photobucket
It was a blast. If I could have, I would have stayed all day but I needed to get back home to my motherly duties.

Lately I've been spending most of my time getting ready for the 2012 swim season. I'm anticipating a busy spring/summer season and ordering lots more inventory than last year. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Elder Lynn Child said...

The convention center IS VERY BIG! I went there to an auto show numerous years ago...lots of fun though!