Thursday, September 27, 2012

Hawaii

 Niel and I spent our 6th year anniversary this year in Oahu, Hawaii.  It was our first time to Oahu and we loved it.  Kensie stayed at home with Grandma!  We'd only left Kensie one other time for one night so it was our first real vacation since she was born.  She did so well and loved spending time with her Grandma Child.  It made me realize we need to get away more often.

We stayed in the heart of Waikiki across the street from the beach.  Friday afternoon we checked into our hotel and went straight to the beach.
 Dinner at Duke's while being serenaded by along the beach.
Dessert was the famous Hula Pie everyone had told us about.  It was AMAZING and that wasn't the last time we had hula pie in Hawaii.

1 comment:

Elder Lynn Child said...

I wish I had a beach on my farm! I'm glad you had so much fun on your little get-a-way. I will always remember Hawaii and how beautiful and fun it was. I thought it would be too commercialized, but it was just relaxing and fun! By the way, the Hula Pie looks scrumptious!