Thursday, June 11, 2009

Confession

I bought another swimsuit. Yep. I caved in. I couldn't restrain myself. Niel's response, "You bought ANOTHER swimsuit?!" I love it though. It is so comfortable, great coverage, and the little boy shorts are perfect for wake boarding {if I ever get to go this summer}. Anyways, I have girls camp and a family reunion coming up so I need something with full coverage. Don't want to ruffle any feathers at the family reunion by showing up wearing a bikini {not that I own one or anything}.

Swimsuits are my weakness. Whenever I go into a store and see the swimsuit section it is like an invisible magnetic force that sucks me right in. They are definitely one of the most fun articles of clothing to shop for because there are so many different cuts, styles, patterns, and colors to choose from. I also have underlying motives when looking and shopping for swimsuits since I still want to design my own swim line one of these days.

I am a strong believer in having several swimsuits to choose from. For example: You are going on a 7 day cruise lets say. Would you wear the same shirt shirt for every day of the cruise? NO, definitely not. You would pack at least seven different shirts-one for each day. Since we wear a different shirt everyday why would it be different with swimsuits? You definitely could not wear one swimsuit the whole trip. Same thing goes with all other vacations and swimming in general. There needs to be variety.

In part, this post is to explain to Niel why I really needed this swimsuit but I hope it helps someone else out there. If your husband/significant other is giving you a hard time for wanting to buy a swimsuit tell him to read this post. Plus, your situation has to be better than mine...I just counted thirteen swimsuits in my drawer! How many do you have? I have a friend who owns fifty.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get your point, but unless you have a 30-day cruise planned, then I don't think you'll need any new swimsuits for a while.

Annie. said...

I TOTALLY agree with you. I LOVE shopping for swimsuits. Or maybe just looking at them, because I'm pretty sure (no, I'm POSITIVE) I don't look nearly as good in them as you do. :)

I definitely have a weakness for buying swimsuits. Especially when it flatters your figure - then you HAVE to buy it. Just like a good pair of jeans.

I wish I had 13 different swimsuits! Haha!

Veronica Peterson said...

I agree with you Darci. I just got a new one too. It's my #8 I think.

Abby said...

You need at the very minimum, four suits I think. More is better:) Are you still actively working on your own line or is it on hold for now?

(LC and Lo--The Hills!!)

KB said...

haha, oh darc. btw, my lil' sis was showing me this new bathing suit Barbara bought her and it was the pink juicy one we tried on! i was cracking up.