Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Spoiled

Remember how I said Niel's award was accompanied with $500? Here is how he chose to spend the money: 1)A new bike 2)New roller blade wheels. We could have done something really boring like put the money towards student loans, but we decided otherwise.

We were somewhat limited with only one of us having a bike and now both of us have bikes! We have already been on a handful of bike rides together. I can't wait until we take our bikes to the beach. We went to Sports Chalet on a Friday night and he picked out his bike. When we were leaving the store he hopped on his bike with a perma-smile and rode it all around the parking lot.

4 comments:

bjchild said...

Smart purchase Neil! That's gotta be the best way to spend $500 that I can think of. I agree that repaying student loans is way overrated. I'm excited that Brent and now you guys are biking. I'm working hard on Dad.

Annie. said...

I'm jealous! We want bikes SO bad!

Abby said...

I LOVE biking. Good buy:)

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

How fun. I can't wait to get bikes - we just don't want to buy any yet because then we have to move them!

Niel's done in a few months, isn't he? Any ideas of where you're going?