Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pumpkin Carving Contest


Photobucket

The last three years since we've been married we haven't ever carved pumpkins together. It has been a combination of laziness, Niel's lack of desire, and busy schedules. Since our schedule has slowed down lately I really wanted to do it this year. The trick was convincing Niel. So...we were in Walmart getting a few things but I had a hidden agenda of getting pumpkins to carve. Here is how it went down...

Darci: "Do you want to carve pumpkins this year?" (already knowing what the answer would be)Niel: "No"
Darci: "Why not?"
Niel: "Because then you have to pull out all the stuff inside the pumpkin"
Darci: "I've got an idea! Why don't we have a pumpkin carving competition?! How about I will take pictures of our pumpkins and put them on our blog...then people can vote who has the coolest pumpkin!"
Niel: "Alright...It's on!"

Then we preceded to pick out our pumpkins. We even splurged and got one of those pumpkin carving kits with the special tools. Niel was even looking forward to carving our pumpkins and asked, "When are we going to carve them?"

Photobucket

I am beginning to learn something about Niel. He is pretty competitive...so turning things into a competition can work to my favor. I guess that is my marriage tip of the day. I'm sure it works with kids too:)

"The black Cat" OR "Skully"

Now...this is when you come into play. We need YOU to vote on your favorite pumpkin. You can do this by voting on the poll in the top right hand corner of my blog. This is a serious competition in the Schurig home and we need everyone to vote because the winner gets a cool prize and most importantly bragging rights. I won't say who carved which pumpkin until the contest is over. You have until Midnight on Halloween to vote.

Which pumpkin is your favorite? Let us know by voting and leaving a comment!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude! This is a seriously tought decisioun!! They are both really good! I think Darci is the Cat chic and Niel Pirate boy. Darci's idea to hold eachother's pumpkin so people couldn't tell. LOL
Ok so I'm torn, please don't hate me if I didn't vote for yours, but they are both VERY good! :)..voting..
-Maria

Annie. said...

I'm partial to the cat...it's just so cute!

I LOVE your idea of the competition...Talon never wants to carve pumpkins, EVER. I may have to pull this one on him - he is DEFINITELY competitive. :) Thanks for the marriage tip!

Whit said...

Well... I really wish I knew who carved each one. My initial reaction was that "Skully" is way awesome, but Darci, if yours is "The Black Cat" I'm willing to change my vote. Haha. ;) You guys are cute!

KB said...

Oh no I missed the poll!! And I have to admit my fav is DEFINITELY skully.

Darc, I love your secret hidden agenda ploy -genious :)