Thursday, December 31, 2009

Early bird gets the worm

I was determined this year to wake up early and get some good deals on Black Friday. The last couple of years I had the same intention but didn't end up in the stores until 8 a.m. or so. The night before Black Friday, Michelle and I went through all of the advertisements and figured out a game plan. I had my eye on a few laptops that were really good deals. We were at Best Buy by 5:15 a.m. (15 minutes after they opened) only to find out that all the laptops were pre-ticketed and sold out. Apparently, Best Buy started giving out tickets for the laptops at 3:00 a.m. Rookie mistake. We continued shopping until noon when we realized how hungry and tired we were from not having anything to eat all day. This year I learned that in order to get the really good deals on the day after Thanksgiving sales you need to get to the store BEFORE they open...at least for electronics. Even though I was disappointed I didn't get a laptop, I still enjoyed the frenzy and excitement that Black Friday shopping has to offer.

Niel went snowboarding with his sister Sonya at Snowbird while Michelle and I shopped. Doesn't that look fun? Afterwards we all met for lunch at Zupas.

No comments: