Monday, November 22, 2010

Breaking My Own Rules

I have always been a stickler about waiting until the day after Thanksgiving to listen to Christmas music and prepare for the holiday. This year I'm breaking my own rules. I started listening to Christmas music a few days ago. I am also anxious to get our tree up before Thanksgiving and decorate our new house! Why? It seems that every year the month of December flies by. So I thought I'd start earlier this year and enjoy the holiday season to its fullest! One of my all-time favorite Christmas albums is Celine Dion's. I'm not a huge fan of Celine Dion but her Christmas CD is spectacular. Frank Sinatra and Elvis are also favorites. And promise not to make fun of me but I've loved Dolly Parton & Kenny Roger's Christmas album since I was a little girl. I'm wanting to buy some new Christmas music this year including Michael Buble's Christmas CD. Any other suggestions?

4 comments:

Abby said...

I am so with you--usually a stickler but this year I have been so tempted to cheat (and have a little bit)! I have heard that David Archuleta's Christmas album is great. Do you watch Glee? I don't, but I've also heard that one is good. One of my old standbys is Mariah Carey Christmas. Not sure why but I've always loved it:)

Elder Lynn Child said...

You've inherited this nostalgic bit of Christmas Cheer from your good ole Dad! Merry Christmas!

lannie_rae said...

Bing Crosby, what a wonderful voice. We have been listening to christmas music on pandora.com they have a good selection and then you can purchase when you hear something you like.

Lindsey Cortes said...

Josh Groban has a great Christmas album. I would suggest it.