Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Church

We took Kensie to church for the first time when she was three weeks old. I felt good enough to go and thought it would be nice to get out of the house. Bad idea...

Side note: Since I thought we were going to have a big baby I didn't buy any newborn dresses. I had this one dress (pictured) that was given to me size 0-3 months. It was still huge on her!

It ended up being way more stressful than it was worth and I didn't get anything out of church. I spent half the time in the mother's lounge feeding her and changing diapers. The other half was spent sitting on the pue rocking, bouncing, and doing everything in my power to prevent her from bursting into an outcry (she was very temperamental that day). Since she was only three weeks old I got nervous whenever someone sneezed, coughed, got close, etc. The next week at church wasn't much different. I always wondered why some women waited like six weeks to take their babies to church. Now I know... Note to self: Wait until baby is at least five weeks to take to church. It's worth the peace of mind.

4 comments:

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

That's something good to remember. Now I guess it always depends upon the baby, but it's good to remember that you should go when you think the baby can handle it. There's no reason to do otherwise!

lannie_rae said...

I wait almost the full 6 weeks before I take my babies to church. It is way too germy. I take them other places in my sling so no one can see them but church is gross. When I start going back I usually only stay for sacrament We come in late a leave real fast after.

Annie. said...

Hahaha! So true! And then they become toddlers and it's just as hard, if not HARDER...for different reasons! Church is a constant wrestling match for us these days. :)

Adam and Brittany said...

Everyone talks about being pregnant and labor but people don't talk enough about after the birth. There are a lot of hard things to deal with the first two weeks. Every baby is different.