Sunday, January 11, 2009

Update

This week Niel did his first surgery rotation and he really enjoyed it. On his first day he helped assist with five major surgeries including a gal bladder removal and surgery on a hernia. It's great he is enjoying surgery because he was hoping to specialize in orthopedic surgery. Now he doesn't have to wonder anymore whether or not he will enjoy surgery...now he knows from experience that he likes it!

Friday night I had a girls night while Niel worked all night at the hospital. I decided to invite a couple of the young women from church & Gayle Land to watch a chick flick with me! I felt pretty special that they were willing to spend their Friday night with "Sister Schurig" who is seven years older than them!

Niel and I both spoke in church today. I spoke on "Renewing our commitment to the Lord" and Niel spoke on Latter-day prophets. I was really nervous, especially on Saturday (Saturday I spent the whole day preparing and fretting about speaking). It ended up going really well and we both got lots of compliments. Yay!

AND...tomorrow is my day off!! I am so stoked about having a three-day weekend. I will work on my large "to-do" list tomorrow. Maybe getting my hours cut isn't so bad after all:)

No comments: