Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Christmas Vacation

We spent a week in Washington state with my family over Christmas. I was nervous about traveling with Kensie but she did awesome. She slept almost the whole flight both ways and she slept better on vacation than she ever does at home!

The first few days in Washington we stayed at my parent's house in Quincy. Here are some things we did in Quincy:

My brother Brent and his family came to visit and met Kensie for the first time
We went ice skating
We attended the ward Christmas party and met Santa again!
Kensie met my friends Camille and Mallory
Photobucket
On Christmas Eve we did some last minute shopping and then we went with my parents to my sister Lori's house in Tri-Cities. We had an amazing Christmas Eve dinner and then had a special Christmas Eve program. It is a tradition in our family to read from the bible in Luke and have the grandchildren act out the nativity. Niel, Kensie, and I were asked to be Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus this year. Kensie got hungry half way through the nativity and had to eat, but besides that she did a great job acting.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Christmas day was full of excitement as the kiddos opened their presents.
Photobucket
We figured Kensie wouldn't know the difference one way or another what she got for Christmas so we kept things simple. She got a 'My First Christmas' teddy bear and Snow White DVD from Santa. Mom and dad hooked her up with a bumbo seat.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I loved having Kensie a part of our family this year for Christmas. It was so much fun to have a baby around and introduce her to my family. She got lots of attention from her cousins and loved every minute of it. It was so fun to spend Christmas with my sister Lori's family.

This year was a very special Christmas as a new family of three and one that I will never forget.

2 comments:

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

That's such a sweet holiday with little Kensie! Her outfits are so cute.

Unknown said...

I love your blog posts! I'm so glad your cute family of 3 was here with us for Christmas! We will never forget it.